Old Town Alexandria's 1st Annual Cookie Crawl & Recipe
This Saturday Gold Works participated in Old Town Alexandria's first Cookie Crawl. 100 tins were sold for this event and they sold out quickly!
Regina generously shared the recipe for the cookies baked for the event. Enjoy!!
Chocolate Chip Coconut Pecan Cookies
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup coarsely chopped Pecans
1 cup flaked sweetened coconut (Toasted)
1 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Spread the coconut flakes on a foil covered baking sheet. Toast in the oven mixing as it starts to brown so that it doesn’t burn. 5 to 10 minutes. Watch carefully! Let cool.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the vanilla extract. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; gradually stir into the creamed mixture. Mix in the pecans, toasted coconut and chocolate chips. Drop dough by 1 ½ to 2 Tablespoons onto parchment paper or silpat covered cookie sheets. Press flat to 2 to 2 ½ inch
- Bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown.
- Makes about 2 ½ dozen cookies